The Oregon Municipal Court has established the Court Security Program to comply with standards established by the Ohio Supreme Court. The purpose of these standards is to establish a safe environment in the courthouse for elected officials, court employees, case participants, and the visiting public.
It is the policy of the Oregon Municipal Court that all visitors successfully complete the physical screening process before admittance to the building is allowed.
Items prohibited in the building are, but not limited to:
Upon entering the Oregon Municipal Court, visitors shall place all items such as bags, packages, and purses through the x-ray machine. All items are subject to being searched for prohibited items. Additionally, visitors shall successfully pass through the walk-through magnetometers. To successfully do so, visitors should observe the following procedures:
- Remove all metallic items from pockets and place into the plastic tray. These items include, but are not limited to coins, gum wrappers, keys, lighters, cigarettes and any other metallic item.
- Electronic items that shall be placed through the x-ray machine include, but are not limited to laptops, cell phones, pagers and electronic day planners.
- Outer garments with a large amount of metal (zippers, buttons, tags, decorations) should also be removed and placed through the x-ray machine.
- If visitors unsuccessfully pass through the walk-through magnetometer, they are subject to search with a hand-held metal detector by court security officers.
- Proper dress is required inside the building, NO Hats, NO Sun Glasses, or any revealing or inappropriate clothing shall be allowed. (A notice detailing the Dress Code can be found HERE.)
- Children are not permitted in the courtroom.
- Any items on the prohibited list (above) shall be held by the Court Security Officers during your stay in the Building.
Inside the courtroom ALL persons shall be required to stand during the opening and closing of Court.
All broadcasting, televising, recording and photographic equipment in the courtroom shall be prohibited unless authorized by the Court.
More information regarding these policies can be obtained by contacting:
Oregon Municipal Court
5330 Seaman Road
Oregon, Ohio 43616
Chief Bailiff: Trent D. Schroeder