The Oregon Municipal Court is taking the following actions effective, March 20, 2020:
- Any individual with a court date scheduled through May 1, 2020 for an unclassified or minor misdemeanor traffic offense will be given an automatic continuance. There is no need to report and a summons will be sent to each individual with a new court date to appear. Court dates have been entered and available by looking up your case on our website;
- Any individual with a payment owed for fine and costs due between March 9, 2020 and May 31, 2020 will be given an automatic ninety (90) day continuance of the date due. Updated due dates have been entered;
- The public is encouraged to make payments via mail, online at www.oregoncourtpaymentscom or by telephone at 419-324-2039. It is asked that the public refrain from making payments in person at the courthouse;
The courthouse is closed to the public except for those individuals with a case scheduled before the court on that date, a victim on a case or witnesses subpoenaed to appear for a case schedules on that date;
Cell phones are to remain in vehicles;
- All probationers should contact their probation officer by telephone only;
- The court is still processing new civil filings and garnishments. All civil filings requiring payment of a filing fee are to be filed by mail;
- Any filing not requiring a filing fee can be filed by mail, fax at 419-698-7013 or email at email@example.com; and
- The court will accept new filings for Forcible Entry & Detainer (Eviction) cases filed pursuant to O.R.C. Chapters 1923 and 5321, but evictions will be stayed until further order of the court.
Welcome to Oregon Municipal Court, Oregon, Ohio
Louis S. Kovacs is the currently presiding judge and is the fourth elected judge in Oregon. To navigate this site, first identify your role in the court: are you a juror, an attorney, court participant, or member of the media? Corresponding forms and information will be available to you based on your role’s needs. It is our goal to provide visitors with a more user-friendly experience that is befitting of the standards, decorum, and tradition of The Court.